More Branches

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The furlough is over. And so is most of the fun.

I know I asked that a few prayers be said to end the furlough. When it finally did last night though, I was a wreck. I cried - a lot. I didn't want to put Essie to bed because then I wouldn't see her until she woke up the next morning when I had to leave her. I've really enjoyed the time at home with her!

I've always had a problem with anxiety. Though I consider myself to be outgoing, confident, and quite self-assured, I still experience terrible anxiety. I'm sure it has something to do with my propensity for depression but whatever. The point is, when the resolution was announced and I found out I was most assuredly going back to work I began to experience fear, doubt, and discomfort.

Can I just say I married the right man? Shehan knew just what to do.

He smiled, laughed a little, and took me in his arms, reminding me that I love my job, our baby was more than taken care of, and I used to do this before every semester of school after a break. He reminded me that once I'm back in the groove of things (usually after the first day) I am comfortable, happy, and well adjusted all over again. He knows me.


As predicted, I had a great day at work.

But I still cried some more. I'm a mom.

Photo by Angela Young Photography

1 comment:

Ali Mills said...

Awwww!! I totally get that (even though I don't work) ;) Leaving our kids is so hard sometimes!